Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yes it's true......I'm going to Tonga!!!

Since I'm going to Tonga, I thought I'd try to learn more about it, here are a few things I found out...

Tonga is right by Fiji.....which is close to Australia! Now you have an idea of where it is. It is composed of 169 islands, only 39 of which are inhabited.

Apparently Tongan's are good at rugby...maybe I should check into that sport when I get there;)

Here is the Tongan flag, I learned that the red cross represents the country's belief in Christianity, the white stands for purity and the red represents the blood Jesus shed at his crucifixion and reminds Tongan's people that they owe their salvation to him.


To end it off this is just a gorgeous picture of where I am going to be for 2 1/2 weeks!! Can you say excited?! I can:)
Well, as they would say in Tongan, Nofo a, which means good-bye:)

3 comments:

  1. LUCKY!!! Tongans are good at everything. well everything in rugby, football, and cooking. Have fun! and TAKE A MILLION PICTURES so I can see them on your blog when you get back and be very very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun trip! What are you doing in Tonga?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Our internet hasn't been working! Wonderful wonderful wonderful. And... jealous jealous jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete