Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crazy State Laws

In High School I remember one of my teachers showing us an e-mail of some weird/crazy laws some states have, I thought it would be fun to look up a few and post them, all I can say is "wow" I can't believe some of the laws that are out there!! (who knows if these are all true, my resource may not be all that reliable, but it's still fun...)


Crazy Law #1- It is against the law to fish from horseback-Utah

Crazy Law #2- It's still "legal" to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property-Nevada

Crazy Law #3- It is considered an offense to hunt whales-Utah...ok first off, where would you find a whale in Utah???
Crazy Law #4- You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit-Wyoming...who thinks of these??
Crazy Law #5- Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited-Baltimore City, Maryland...I actually really like this one!

Crazy Law #6- A person may not walk around on Sunday's with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket-New York, okay, this one is funny, so you can walk around any other day of the week with an ice cream cone in your pocket...who would do that?!

Crazy Law #7-Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime-Idaho....wow...
Crazy Law #8-If two trains meet on the same track neither shall proceed until the other has passed-Kansas.....that one just doesn't make sense!!


All I can say is there are some crazy laws out there, and I didn't even list half of them!! Look up the laws for your state for yourself at dumblaws.com :)


1 comment:

  1. HA fun allison. These are quite humorous. My favorite lines: "who thinks of these?" "ok first off where would you find a whale in Utah?"
    hahahah

    ReplyDelete