Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks :)

My heart seems to be swelling with more gratitude this year than normal. Each day I am noticing so many blessings that I have on a daily basis that I take for granted. As I thought about all the blessings I have, I have come to realize that they all originate from my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life! The knowledge that I have of the plan of salvation and eternal families. I am grateful for temples and that there is going to be a temple built in Star Valley :) When President Monson announced the temple I just started tearing up, it is going to be such a wonderful blessing to little Star Valley.
I am so grateful for my health. I think we often don't realize how incredibly blessed we are to have healthy bodies. As I work with people who are so unhealthy and have all sorts of problems on a daily basis it makes me even more grateful for my health as well as the health of my family. I am grateful for my trials. I know that we each have our trials to help us become stronger. As we come upon difficult trials we need to be grateful for them because it shows the confidence our Heavenly Father has in us because he knows we can get through the trials he gives us.



This will be the first year that I will not be able to spend Thanksgiving with any of my family, but what better way to spend it than with those who are going through a difficult time :) I hope I can be a light to them on Thanksgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment